Writing for Graduate Students, Researchers and Postdocs
This unique three-day course addresses common problems when writing articles and PhD theses in English. The focus is on scientific writing style rather than grammatical issues, although grammar and punctuation are part of the discussions. The course is based on the analysis of hundreds of edited articles and theses from Swedish universities and years of experience teaching academic writing. Since 2003, over 2000 graduate and post doctoral students, researchers and professors have taken part in our courses.
Participants learn practical techniques to improve their writing, which they can then apply to their own texts. These techniques will make their writing easier to read and the writing experience more enjoyable.
We’ll help you
- improve your English writing skills with an instructor who has many years of editing experience and teaching scientific writing
- revise your writing to make it easier for readers to understand your material and more interesting to read
- present complicated information using simple techniques
- use punctuation to improve readability
- focus your writing on your message
- analyze your own writing style
- improve your chances of being published
We have designed this course so participants can immediately apply what they learn to their own writing. This practical, hands-on course is both extremely useful and enjoyable.
Register below to receive our course newsletter with the latest information about future course dates and locations and to request more information.